TASC Test Content
TASC Test Depth of Knowledge Frameworks
As a publisher of high school equivalency materials, it’s essential that you understand how the TASC Test Assessing Secondary Completion™ content works. From the standards used for each subject test to current TASC pre-test study materials, get the information you need to publish successful materials.
TheTASC Test content frameworks include:
· English Language Arts
· Common Core State Standards
· Traditional pathway of the Common Core State Standard
· College and Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education
· Social Studies Standards are based on national frameworks in the areas of US history, world history, civics and government, and economics
Current TASC Test Preparation Materials
Data Recognition Corporation | CTB worked alongside several publishers in the design of this pre-test content. Materials are available at various publishers’ websites or brick-and-mortar and online bookstores.
Begin your preparation for the TASC test with a large collection of free online study tools and pre-test materials.
1. See examples of the types of Reading/Language Arts, Writing, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies questions that will appear on the TASC test.
2. Take practice tests that offer a larger sample of questions and give you the opportunity to assess your readiness for taking the TASC test.
3. Gain the knowledge and skills you need to pass the TASC test with DRC|CTB’s comprehensive study guide. The TASC test study guide is written by DRC|CTB experts, who painstakingly researched every topic and concept you need to know to pass the test. DRC|CTB’s original research reveals specific content areas and skills that are critical for you to know.
Data Recognition Corporation's Common Core High School Equivalency Series
For adult educators who want more for their students than to just pass a test, McGraw-Hill’s Common Core High School Equivalency Series offers a budget-friendly curriculum that prepares students for test success while developing the foundation for ongoing college and career readiness. Built upon the College & Career Readiness Standards, and the TASC test assessment targets, this series includes a suite of three brand-new core programs specifically created to help adult learners and educators prepare for the shift to the TASC test.Standards, and the TASC test assessment targets, this series includes a suite of three brand-new core programs specifically created to help adult learners and educators prepare for the shift to the TASC test.
Common Core Basics builds the foundational skills needed to begin preparing for the TASC test. It consists of Core Subject Modules in five core content areas: Reading, Writing, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies. It’s the first and only program available for this level of learner, and it’s not just College & Career Readiness aligned but also built from the ground up upon these standards.
Common Core Achieve helps students build a strong foundation of understanding and preparation that applies first to the new core standards that the TASC test is built upon, and then to the TASC test itself. Print solutions include Core Subject Modules and the TASC test exercise books in the core content areas of Reading & Writing, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies. The program also includes two dynamic, interactive digital products: “Common Core Achieve Online” (the TASC test specific core content instruction), and “LearnSmart Achieve Adaptive Test Preparation for the TASC Test”.
New Readers Press
Books will be sold in 10-packs or in an 8-page workbook (one of each book). New Readers Press will also be distributing the Kaplan Comprehensive Big Book for TASC test.
Scoreboost for the TASC test will consist of eight 48-page workbooks.
Each workbook will contain:
• 11-16 targeted strategies per book
• 2-page lessons
• Samples of the TASC test questions that model the thinking process
• Hundreds of the TASC test practice questions with answers, explanations, test-taking tips, self-evaluation, and action plan charts
• Fractions, Decimals, Percents, and Proportions
• Measurement and Geometry
• Graphs, Data Analysis, and Probability
• Algebraic Reasoning
• Critical Thinking for Reading, Science, and Social Studies
• Graphic Skills for Science and Social Studies
• Sentence Structure, Usage, and Mechanics
• Essay Writing and Organizational Skills
Available at booksellers everywhere, Data Recognition Corporation’s TASC Test Assessing Secondary Completion: The Most Authoritative Guide to the New High School Equivalency Exam is now available. The book can be purchased at Barnes and Noble or other bookstores. It contains information about each of the subtests, how they are scored, and test-taking strategies to help examinees prepare for and think about the items in each subject area. The book also contains a pretest and review, followed by a full-length practice test section for each subtest with explanations.